Slight gravity-induced delay. Sorry about that
Mix and Match #5
Well, I'd like "Thunder and Lightning if that prick Collins wasn't singing it.
But there's some choice stuff on here.
The Spoonful, who wrote so many perfect pop songs
Bonnie Raitt can't put a foot wrong with me.
Joe Vitale squeaks through because he's Joe Walsh's mate
Karla Bonoff. So fragile
Levon Helm did some wonderful post-Band stuff. This is one. And his daughter's trucking on with Ollabelle. Worth a listen.
Carlen Carter really is cool. Most of her vinyls are choice. And then, of course, there's the time she went on stage and proclaimed "We're here to put the c*nt back into country." Not knowing that Mum (June Carter) and Dad (Johnny Cash) were in the audience, sinking way down in their seats in mortification...
Atlanta Rhythm Section. Still my sort of band.
I heard Clifton Chenier on the radio in the car over here (I know exactly where...) and I haven't stopped buying zydeco and cajun since.
"Jessica" was playing on the record player when Peter Wroe turned up 1972 to audition for a room in the house we shared in Hounslow under the flight path. You'd normally go down to the pub with the candidates (individually, of course - they were buying.....) and see if they were a good fit. A good fit is when they didn't keel over after 5 pints.
Pete came in and said "Jessica".
He was in as far as I was concerned. And he didn't keel over.
The Weight. One of the truly great songs of the century.
Bonnie Raitt again. That's OK, too.
Rock and roll doctor. Another of the greats that no-one knows.
And Moon Martin, the poor man's Andy Warhol lookalike.
What a shit hot tape.
1. Bette Davis eyes - Kim Carnes - Bette Davis eyes
2. Another ticket - Eric Clapton - Another ticket
3. You didn't have to be so nice - Lovin' Spoonful - The Lovin' Spoonful
4. Thunder and lightning - Phil Collins - Face value
5. Too long at the fair - Bonnie Raitt - Give it up
6. Man gonna love you - Joe Vitale - Plantation Harbor
7. Lose again - Karla Bonoff - Karla Bonoff
8. Pirates (So Long Lonely Avenue) - Rickie Lee Jones - Pirates
9. You got me - Levon Helm and the RCO All-Stars - Levon Helm and the RCO All-Stars
10. Accidentally like a martyr - Warren Zevon - Excitable boy
11. Where do you think you're going - Dire Straits - Communique
12. I'm so cool - Carlene Carter - Musical Shapes
13. Champagne jam - Atlanta Rhythm Section - Champagne Jam
14. Here with you tonight - Robert Palmer - Pressure Drop
15. Ma Mama Ma Dit (My Momma Told Me) - Clifton Chenier - Bogalusa boogie
16. Jessica - Allman Brothers Band - Best Of The Test
17. Hard Nose The Highway - Van Morrison - Hard Nose the Highway
18. The Weight - The Band - Across The Great Divide
19. Love has no pride - Bonnie Raitt - Give it up
20. Rock and roll doctor - Little Feat - Feats don't fail me now
21. Your Bright Baby Blues - Jackson Browne - The Pretender
22. No chance - Moon Martin - Escape from domination
Mix and Match #5.mp3 82MB 1:29:07